Are You Repurposing Your Content?


Repurposing your content is one of the biggest timesaving hacks you can use when it comes to creating content. The goal is to take the talking point you’re discussing and break it up into multiple forms of content for each platform. This way you’re not having to think of several different ideas to discuss every week, and you’re able to be in multiple places at once.

How to Repurpose a Blog Post

Here’s an example: Let’s say you have just written a great blog post on how to manage stress to avoid burnout. Don’t stop there! Make the most of your creation by repurposing the content. This will help your blog post reach a much wider audience and build your online presence at the same time.

Try using incorporating these helpful tips.

Use the Blog Post to Make a Video

Take your main points from the blog and make a video by sharing those tips (e.g., how to manage stress). To reach more of your audience, place a link in your blog post for the video. This way you lead your followers to read the full blog post, and then also view the video link by adding it to your website, which is a great call to action.

Create Infographic and Social Media Posts

Next, create an infographic for social media promoting your new blog post by pulling out an interesting tidbit or explaining a concept that’s in the blog post. Also, create three to four stand-alone social media posts that each share part of that information.

Send Out an Email Newsletter

Of course, you can also send your new post by email to your mailing list and use any interesting pieces of information for your social media posts as additional informative emails.

Get on a Roll!

The trick with repurposing is to make some minor tweaks to freshen up your content for each platform, while still making the same impact with the information you’re putting out there. You’re just editing the content to fit a different format for another platform to share the information on. Once you do this a few times, you’ll see how simple it is to repurpose one piece of content and how much time you can save, while getting a lot of content out there overall!

No time? Hire someone to help you repurpose the content of your expertise!

Remember the 80/20 Rule of Engagement

Remember to look at social content overall using the 80/20 rule. You're giving value 80% of the time, while you’re efforts go hand in hand with a request to buy your services and/or products with the remaining 20%. People need to be told what to do next, so don’t be afraid to tell them!

You can’t forget to engage. Social media is so popular because it connects us, which means you need to be social on social media, too. You can’t expect others to invest in your content when you aren’t giving the same back to them.

It would be wise to factor in 30 minutes a day to engage with your audience by replying to comments, responding to direct messages, or by commenting on other accounts. This is something you can delegate to your team, if necessary, but keep in mind that meaningful community management and engagement are crucial when it comes to staying connected and growing your audience.

When and How Often You Should Be Posting

This is going to look a little different for each account and platform, but that’s where the analytics and insights are helpful. If you review your analytics on each platform, they will tell you when your audience is most active, down to specific days and hours; knowing this will help you decide your best posting times. 

Sample Social Media Schedule

Here is a current example of what a realistic posting schedule could look like for you:

  • Tiktok: Minimum once a day, but ideally 3 posts a day
  • LinkedIn: 2 to 3 per week
  • Instagram: 3 to 5 reels per week and 3 feed posts per week
  • Facebook: 1 live post and 3 to 4 posts per week
  • YouTube: Once a week
  • Google My Business: 1 per week
  • Blog Post: 1 to 2 per month

Get Started

Now that I’ve broken down your content categories and provided you with the resources and tools needed to get started, it’s time to put everything into motion.

Start with a monthly calendar and pick one to two themes per month to focus on. This will help you stay organized and not get overwhelmed, so you feel empowered to start creating!